- Beaches in Nerja
- Hotels in Nerja
- Fiestas & Festivals
- Places of Interest
- Things to do
- Rental Properties
- Local News
- Traveller Info
- Nerja Weather
If you like this page, why not share it?
You can check what your pounds/euros are worth by using our currency converter.
Todays rate is:
£1 = €1.122
Feria de Nerja 2016
Visiting Nerja during the week of the feria is without doubt one of the most exciting times to be here with events, music and celebrations happening all over the town. Traditionally the feria is held during the second week in October which can occasionally cause it to experience some early spots of rain but that never dampens the atmosphere or the ‘fiesta’ spirit of the locals and visitors who take over the streets in this good natured family friendly celebration in honor of the towns patron saints "La Virgen de las Angustias" (Virgin of Anguish) and San Miguel Arcángel (Archangel Saint Michael). Take a look at the photos below or watch our video to see what you’ve been missing and read on for more information about the Nerja feria.
Although many of the annual fiestas that take place in Nerja can be felt throughout the town none of them quite meet the heights of the feria. With two separate sites, one to the east and one to the west of the town centre you’re sure to stumble upon one event or another. We expect the next edition of the Feria (2016) will begin on Thursday 6th of October and will end on Sunday the 9th however we stress that these dates are currently unconfirmed. The timetable of events becomes available only a few days prior to the feria actually beginning and will be published here but if you'd like to get an idea of the kind of things you can expect from Nerja's largest annual celebration take a look at the program for the last feria below.
Events Timetable 2015
Thursday 8th October
- 20:00 - Opening concert with music from the Nerja Municipal band on the Balcón de Europa.
- 20:30 – Opening speeches by local officials and invited speakers.
- 21:00 – Official opening of the Nerja Feria 2015 with the turning on of the lights at both the main fairground and the town hall. Concerts will begin in the various marquees located at the fairground site and all rides will be open.
- 21:30 - The Municipal marquee 'La Caseta' will open for a performance by Alalba. Entrance is free.
- 22:30 – Gala for the election of Feria Queen and Feria 'Caballero' (Gentleman) in Plaza de España. This will include various performances by local musicians and dance groups. Entrance is €10
- 00:00 – In the 'Alterna en la Feria' marquee at the fair ground Rock Night will begin with Aquitipartis followed by Break the Sense, Nación Zero and “A los platos Miles Hi”.
Friday 9th October
- 12:00 – Starting form the Balcón de Europa arches the Zurrapas band will walk the town streets playing music.
- 13:00 - At the Caseta Municipal in Plaza de España a program of events in honour of the towns older residents will begin with lunch, dancing and the coronation of Feria Queen and Feria 'Caballero' (Gentleman) in the senior category will take place.
- 13:30 – Concerts begin in the “El Cortijo” marquee and continue until 20:00.
- 15:00 – At the Balcón de Europa the Charanga band “Vaso Largo” will give a concert.
- 16:00 - At the Caseta Municipal the junior ‘Queen’ and ‘Caballero’ of the Feria 2015 will be elected as one of the events in an afternoon of activities for children.
- 18:00 – The “Peña Flamenca la Soleá” and the “Peña la Amistad” choirs will give a performance.
- 19:30 – The doors to El Salvador church will open for those wishing to take floral tributes to the image of the town patron the Virgin of Anguish.
- 21:30 – In the “El Cortijo” marquee at the fairground Alalba will begin an open air concert.
- 23:00 – A concert by Erika Leiva dedicated to the greats of Spanish Copla music. Free entrance.
- 00:00 – At the Caseta Municipal in Plaza de España internationally known artist Juan Magan will be performing a collection of his greatest hits. Entrance is €10.
- 00:00 – At the “Alterna de la Feria” marquee an evening of fusion music will be getting underway.
Saturday 10th October
- 10:00 – Starting form the Balcón de Europa the “San Miguel” brass band will march through the main streets in Nerja playing music in honour of Saint Michael archangel.
- 12:00 – The parade of decorated floats through the town starting from the Verano Azul park and ending on the Balcón de Europa.
- 13:00 – The Beatriz Muñoz flamenco company will perform “Cielo de Arte” on the Balcón de Europa.
- 13:30 – At the “El Cortijo” marquee at the fairground an open air concert will begin with various performers.
- 16:00 – On the Balcón de Europa Los Quinientos will provide a musical show.
- 17:00 – At the youth marquee a children's show will begin with the musical “Tachenko and the flamenco tourist” followed by dancing from the Dani Romero academy.
- 19:30 – Mass in honour of the towns patrons accompanied by the Peña Nerjeña choir.
- 20:30 – Procession of the figures of the towns patrons through the streets returning to the virgin to her year round resting place at La Ermita.
- 21:30 – The “El Cortijo” marquee hosts an open air concert by Alalba.
- 23:00 – A performance by the up and coming Andalucian Flamenco-Pop star Marina in Plaza de España. Free entrance.
- 00:00 – In Plaza de España the twin brothers known as Gemeliers give a concert.
- 00:00 – At the Caseta “Alterna en la Feria” at the fairground a night of Rock-Fusion will begin with various local groups.
Sunday 11th October
- 12:00 – Starting form the Balcón de Europa arches Vaso Largo will walk the towns main streets playing music.
- 12:00 – Procession of horses through the streets of the town starting from the Verano Azul park passing through the Balcón de Europa and ending in Calle Frigiliana.
- 12:30 – A meeting of choirs on the Balcón de Europa accompanied by dancers performing folk dances from the region.
- 12:30 – At the children's marquee there's a party with clowns and local dance groups.
- 13:30 – In the “El Cortijo” marquee at the fairground there will be continuous music until 8pm with various local groups performing.
- 15:00 – On the Balcón de Europa the Zurrapas band will give a concert.
- 17:00 – A number of groups from Málaga will be performing Verdiales, a typical dance from the region.
- 17:00 – Acuario Teatro will by entering the kids in the children's marquee.
- 18:30 – In Plaza de España the 10 finalists from this years TV singing contest “Se Llama Copla” will be performing some of the most loved Copla music of all time alongside Nerja born singer Mónica Márquez.
- 18:30 – The El Sarao and Arena y Sal choirs will be performing on the Balcón de Europa.
- 21:30 – In the El Cortijo tent Alalba will once again be performing an open air concert.
- 23:00 – One of the most renowned Flamenco artists of Andalucia, El Mani, will begin a performance in the El Cortijo marquee at the fairground. Free entrance.
- 00:00 - At the Caseta “Alterna en la Feria” a night of Reggae and hip hop will be getting underway.
Monday 12th October
- 12:00 – Starting form the Balcón de Europa arches the Zurrapas Band will walk the towns main streets playing music.
- 12:00 – Mass in honor of the Virgin of the Pillar, patron of the Guardia Civil.
- 12:30 – A meeting of choirs on the Balcón de Europa with groups from Torrox, Nerja and Marbella.
- 12:30 – More fun and games for the kids in the children's marquee with the Acuario theatre group, Zumba Kid and the dance troop of David Callejón.
- 13:30 – Radio Activos and Plácido will be performing popular music at the El Cortijo marquee until 8pm.
- 16:00 - At the Balcón de Europa the Charanga band “Vaso Largo” will give a concert.
- 17:00 – An afternoon of magic by “Dos Hombres y punto” will begin at the children's tent.
- 18:00 - The Peña Nerjeña and El Lerele choirs will be performing on the Balcón de Europa.
- 21:30 – Alalba will give their final feria concert at the El Cortijo Caseta at the fairground.
- 00:00 – At the Caseta “Alterna en la Feria” a night of pop-rock and metal will be getting underway with various local groups.
- 02:00 – To mark the end of the Nerja Feria 2015 a fireworks display will begin on the Balcón de Europa.
The Nerja Feria in 2 minutes
Of course you can only tell so much from pictures and the timetable so we’ve put together a short video to really give you a taste of the sights and sounds of the Nerja feria, whether they be at the fairground, dance tent, day fair or from the procession of the towns patron saints through the streets.
The feria tends to take over the whole town but there are two areas officially set aside for events. The day fair, with its competitions and partying takes place in Plaza Tutti Frutti and Calle Antonio Millon. The fairground rides and Casetas for the paid concerts are located on the site of the ‘Los Huertos’ car park. If you feel like visiting Nerja whilst the feria is in town you'd be well advised to choose accommodation away from the main event locations shown on the map below.