- Beaches in Nerja
- Hotels in Nerja
- Fiestas & Festivals
- Places of Interest
- Things to do
- Rental Properties
- Local News
- Traveller Info
- Nerja Weather
If you like this page, why not share it?
You can check what your currency is worth in Euros by using our currency converter.
Nerja's Noche en Blanco 2015
The original concept of 'La Noche Blanco' or 'La Nuit Blanche' was the idea of Jean Blaise, a Algerian immigrant to France and much respected artistic director. He envisioned an arts festival where museums, art galleries and cultural installations opened up their doors, free of charge, to promote cultural activities. His vision gathered pace with cities in France and across the world adopting the idea to showcase their contribution to culture with public spaces opened up for performance art, exhibitions and workshops. The idea has now spread to some 120 world cities and now, also to Nerja.
Nerja is now set to celebrate its fourth Noche en Blanco with the 9th of May the date set for this years edition. All manner of activities and performances will be available around the town for locals and visitors to enjoy although some activities are only available in Spanish. Performances are free of charge with the majority taking place in the evening in many of the towns best known and most enigmatic locations.
The official timetable of performances will be released in the days coming up to Noche en Blanco 2015 and we will publish it here however you can get an idea of what to expect from the event by taking a look at last year’s schedule below.
Events Timetable 2014
- 10:00 – Free entrance to Nerja Museum all day.
- 11:00 – On the Balcón de Europa local artists will be in action painting works that will be later displayed in the exhibition hall in Calle Cristo from 6pm.
- 11:00 – Children’s entertainment from the cuenta-cuentos workshop in Plaza de España.
- 12:00 - Inauguration of the Som Cerezo photo exhibition “La Nerja de ayer” in La Sala Mercado. (Evening opening from 6pm)
- 13:00 – Classical guitar with Pablo Alcázar at La Ermita.
- 13:30 – The Fernando Hurtado Dance Company will be performing on the Balcón de Europa.
- 17:00 - La Carpa theatre company will perform “Teen Beach Movie” in the Nerja Cultural Centre.
- 17:30 - Sandarala Connection will perform African music and dance at Los Arcos followed by music from the Municipal band.
- 18:00 – The Adventure of Writing (La Aventura de Escribir).
- 18:00 – Guided visits to the permanent exhibition in the Nerja Museum begin.
- 18:15 - Sandarala Connection will perform African music and dance in Plaza Cavana.
- 18:30 – Performances by various acts in the Giner de los Rios cultural centre in Calle Diputacion.
- 18:30 – Various performances begin on the Balcón de Europa which will continue well into the evening.
- 19:00 – Free workshop by La Carpa Theatre Company in the Nerja Cultural Centre.
- 19:30 - Sandarala Connection will perform African music and dance in Calle El Barrio.
- 20:00 – Lecture by Eugenio Chicano focused on his latest work currently being exhibited in the Nerja Museum.
- 20:30 - Various performances begin in the Plaza de España which will continue well into the evening.
- 21:30 – The Balcón de Europa Theatre Company will carry out a series of performances throughout the evening at the exhibition hall in Calle Cristo.